This publications was updated Nov. 2018.
Choosing the right bootcamp for you can be challenging.
When you're looking for a coding bootcamp—the right one for you—it can be difficult to cut through the marketing jargon to understand the quality and content of a program. After a while, it can feel like every school teaches the same technologies, and you might feel like you don't know how to compare your options.
The best advice we can give to any prospective student is this: ask questions. Ask questions while you're doing your research, ask questions while you visit the schools you're considering, and ask questions afterward if you think of them. We've put together a list of questions to help in your evaluation. Here are some to start with:
- How long has the school been in operation?
- What's the attendance policy?
- What's the program's refund policy?
- Is a college degree required?
- What are my options if I'm denied?
- How big are the class sizes?
- Will I need to provide my own laptop?
- What technologies are covered in the course?
- If I need help outside of class time, what are my options?
- Can I meet my instructor?
- Can I sit in on a class?
- How much experience does my instructor have in web development? In teaching?
This is just a starting point and there are many other factors to take into consideration, so check out the link below for our full guide.
As Admissions Director for DigitalCrafts, I realize that for every question an applicant thinks to ask, there may be many more. Maybe you're concerned about asking too many questions, and worry that it'll reflect badly upon you as an applicant. Or, maybe you're just starting the process of evaluating coding bootcamps and you don't know what to ask. Or, maybe you were in a rush and didn't have the time to ask all of your questions. (Tip: You can always send follow-up questions after your interview!) Whatever the reason, we hope our evaluation guide will come in handy during your search for the right school!
Here is your ultimate guide to better evaluate quality coding bootcamps:
(Click the cover below to download the guide)